The Unwritten Gym Rules!
If you’ve done these before, DON’T WORRY – remember 90% of people have probably done them too.
1) The squat rack and power rack are for squatting, overhead presses, and other compound barbell exercises, NOT BICEP CURLS.
2) Wipe down the bench/equipment after use.
3) Don’t be afraid to ask for a spot! We’re all in the gym trying to get better too, so just ask.
4) If the gym is busy don’t completely tie up 2 pieces of equipment at once, and don’t be afraid to “work in.”
5) RE-RACK YOUR WEIGHTS and put any equipment back where it belongs! If you don’t have time to re-rack your weight and put all the equipment back where it belongs, you don’t have time for that exercise!
6) Not sure how to do something? Ask a trainer in the gym if you’re not sure how a piece of equipment works or are unsure of how to do a lift. OR, if you’ve been in your gym for a while, and you see somebody who knows how to lift properly, ask them!
7) Be courteous of other members – Don’t sit on your phone and hog equipment or interrupt others mid-set. Don’t critique others unless they ask for help.
Above all, support eachother! We’re all on a journey; respect everyone’s pathway.